Easy Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad
Easy Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad uses budget-friendly ingredients, and takes only 15 minutes to make. The whole family will love this delicious salad. Oil-free.
Prep Time10minutes mins
Cook Time5minutes mins
Total Time15minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
- 1 medium cucumber about 2 cups sliced (preferably English cucumber)
- 5.3 ounces unsweetened nondairy yogurt (1 small carton) or about ⅔ cup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 1 small red onion small dice (about ½ cup)
- 1 large garlic clove
- Maple syrup to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Finely slice the cucumber using a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and red onion. Grate the garlic directly into the dressing. Add maple syrup to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients: Gently fold in the cucumber and dill.
- Most unsweetened nondairy yogurts will work in this recipe. My preferred choice is cashew yogurt, but almond and coconut are good substitutes. If you are using sweetened yogurt, you will not need to add maple syrup to taste.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 531IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg