- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cooked sausage and cream cheese until completely combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients until well combined and chill 10 minutes to allow the flour time to absorb the moisture.
- **If you skip chilling the dough they will flatten as they cook and not be nice round balls**
- Drop onto a greased baking sheet (I like to use the silicone baking mats) using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- This made 30 for me, but that will depend on the size scoop you use and how tightly you pack them.
- Italian sausage: If you’d rather not use Italian sausage, you can replace it with 1 1/2 cups of chopped pepperoni. Just note that you can’t simply omit the sausage, as I don’t think the pizza bites would work well without anything as a replacement.
- Coconut flour: Almond flour can be used in place of coconut flour, but the bites wil not be as light and fluffy.
- Extra mix-ins: I have used this as a base recipe for “supreme pizza” bites and have included bell pepper, black olives, and mushrooms. If you try something similar, make sure your veggies are patted dry so they don’t add to much moisture and you are all set!
- Marinara sauce: I dunk these keto-friendly pizza bites into Rao’s Low-Carb Marinara (not sponsored, just love it!).
Serving Size 1 biteServes 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.3g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
|Vitamin A2%Vitamin C0%|