Easy Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup is a quick and healthy recipe that will solve your cravings for wings! This soup is loaded with Frank’s Red Hots Buffalo hot sauce and you can top it with blue cheese or ranch if you wish!
Keywordbuffalo chicken soup, creamy buffalo chicken soup
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth to cook the chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts You can buy precooked cubed or rotisserie chicken to use in the recipe if you wish.
- salt and pepper to taste
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth for the soup
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce Add more buffalo sauce to adjust to taste. I’ve also used 3/4 of a cup and loved the bold flavor.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Buffalo Chicken Soup Topping Ideas
- shredded cheddar cheese divided
- green onions chopped optional
- crumbled blue cheese
Dutch Oven Shredded Chicken
- Add the chicken breasts, 1 cup of chicken broth, chicken seasoning, salt and pepper to taste to the Dutch oven on medium-low heat.
- Cover the Dutch oven and cook for 20-30 minutes until the chicken has cooked through. You can test doneness using a meat thermometer. Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- When cooked, remove the chicken from the Dutch oven and place on a flat surface or cutting board. Shred the chicken with two forks.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Add the chicken breasts, 1 cup of chicken broth, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- Open and shred the chicken with forks.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Add the chicken breasts, 1 cup of chicken broth, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste to the Instant Pot.
- Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High Pressure Cooking.
- When the pot indicates it has finished allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the pot and shred the chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Heat a large soup pot, I like to use a Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and stir.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, shredded chicken, salt and pepper to taste, and Frank’s Buffalo Sauce to the pot. Stir and then lower the heat to medium and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Open the pot and add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt (or sour cream). Allow the cream cheese to melt and stir.
- Cool before serving.
You can buy precooked cubed or rotisserie chicken to use in the recipe if you wish.
If you want to use an Instant Pot for the entire recipe, perform the following:
- Saute the onions and garlic using the Saute Function on the pot.
- Add 4 cups of broth (omit the additional cup), the buffalo sauce, chicken breasts, and seasonings to the pot.
- Cook for 10 minutes with 10 minutes natural release.
- Open the pot and shred the chicken. Add the Greek yogurt and sour cream. Stir until combined.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 9g
Leave a Reply