Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb comfort food
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g | 1 1/2 lb skinless chicken thigh fillets , cut into strips
- 120 g | 4oz fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil , chopped *See Notes
- 100 g | 3.5oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 300 ml |1 1/4 cup thickened cream , reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don’t have a Zoodle grater)
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant.
- (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
Notes *If you can’t find semi-dried tomato strips (usually found in a deli), sub with extra jarred sun-dried tomatoes Nutrition
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.2g | Protein: 35.6g | Fat: 22.6g | Fiber: 0.8g