prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
This Creamy Cajun Chicken Soup is loaded with tender chicken, peppers, onions, celery and cajun spices! You can enjoy a large serving of this cheesy keto soup recipe for only 8 net carbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color or a mix)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay or Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces ounces cream cheese, softened
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat. Add the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrots 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken to the pot, top with the cajun seasoning, hot sauce, drained fire roasted tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, place the lid on the soup and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Allow the soup to cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the chicken is tender and cooked through remove from the pot and shred.
- While the chicken is on the cutting board add the heavy cream and softened cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese has dissolved. Stir the chicken back into the soup and serve immediately.
- Top with green onions, sharp cheddar cheese and hot sauce if desired.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 238TOTAL FAT: 8.3gCHOLESTEROL: 74.8mgSODIUM: 401mgCARBOHYDRATES: 10.8gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 8gFIBER: 2.8gSUGAR: 6.5gPROTEIN: 21.7g