- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 TB dark cocoa powder
- 2 TB granulated sweetener (I prefer BochaSweet)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB heavy whipping cream
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour roughly half the batter into a mini waffle maker and cook for 3 minutes or until no steam is coming from the waffle maker.
- Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a second chaffle.
- For a great dessert sandwich, you can make a frosting of 2 TB cream cheese, 2 TB Swerve confectioners, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and spread it between two of these chaffles. You will have enough frosting for 2 “sandwiches
- If you make a “Oreo” sandwich with two chaffles and frosting, the macros are as follows: 216 calories, 46g total carbs, 5g net carbs, 17g fat, and 9g protein.