Cheesy Focaccia In A Pan
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1 tsp active dry yeast
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp sugar
– 3/4 cup warm water
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Olive oil, for drizzling
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Add the warm water and 1/4 cup of olive oil to the flour mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Roll out the dough to fit the size of the skillet and carefully transfer it to the skillet.
- Cook the dough for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the focaccia.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh basil over the cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of the focaccia and return it to the heat.
- Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the focaccia from the skillet and serve immediately.
Points and Nutrition Information:
– Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
– Points: 4 points per serving
– Calories: 190 calories
– Fat: 8g
– Carbohydrates: 22g
– Fiber: 4g
– Protein: 9g