- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour *See post tips for best results
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter melted
- ½ tsp poppy seeds optional
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray or rub some olive oil over it.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, warm cream cheese in 30 second increments until you can mix it up easily. (About 1 minute)
- Add Mozzarella and mix together.
- Add eggs and combine.
- In a separate small bowl mix almond flour, baking powder and salt with a fork until there are no lumps. Slowly add this to the cheese mixture and combine.
- Oil hands and divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll into a balls and flatten them into a bun shaped disk. Place on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle with poppy or toasted sesame seeds (Optional) . Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes.
- Use one bun for the top and one for the bottom of your burger. These hold up nicely because the almond flour isn’t directly exposed to wet ingredients like condiments, tomatoes, etc.Alternatively, you can roll into 6 balls and slice buns in half when cool and ready to use.
(4 Net Carbs Each)(Gluten Free and Low Carb)Do not over bake these. Almond flour does not need to looked burnt to taste burnt. See the Recipe Tips above the recipe card for tips on making these fantastic buns!
Serving: 1bunCalories: 429kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 19gFat: 36gSodium: 653mgFiber: 4gNet Carbs: 4gFat Ratio per Serving: 75.52%Protein Ratio per Serving: 17.72%Carb Ratio per Serving: 3.73%