Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
This is the BEST Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas. It’s perfect to serve guests for brunch or make it ahead for the week for easy meal prep, as leftovers taste just as good reheated.
PREP TIME:10minutes mins
COOK TIME:35minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:45minutes mins
YIELD: 6 servings
COURSE: Breakfast, Brunch
- 2 medium ripe bananas ((the riper the better) sliced into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple)
- 1 cup uncooked quick or old fashion oats*
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat free milk (or any milk you desire)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven. Cut in 6 pieces.