A simple and easy side dish or main, this Asparagus Spinach Artichoke Casserole is rich, cheesy, and satisfying low carb comfort food. Perfect for a Sunday brunch
- 15 ounce asparagus, drained
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 13 ounce spinach, drained
- 4 ounce sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 package sharp Cheddar cheese
- Spread asparagus across the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Scatter artichoke hearts on top.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven; this will remove some residual moisture from the vegetables as the oven heats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place spinach and mushrooms in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave until moisture evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer spinach and mushrooms into a pot over medium heat. Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and broth.
- Cook and stir continuously until cream cheese melts and sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in Italian seasoning and garlic powder; cook until flavors meld, about 3 minutes.
- Remove casserole from the oven; pour sauce over the vegetables. Top with Cheddar cheese slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned and edges are crumbly, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- You can replace the canned artichoke hearts, asparagus, spinach, and mushrooms with fresh vegetables. Just make sure to saute mushrooms and spinach in butter until soft.
Amount% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29.5g45%
Saturated Fat 17.8g89%
Total Carbohydrate 8.3g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8g11%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.