prep time10 minutes
cook time10 minutes
freeze time40 minutes
total time1 hour
- ▢8 mozzarella string cheese
- ▢2 eggs
- ▢½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ▢½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ▢1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ▢½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢⅓ cup flour
- ▢salt & pepper to taste
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half.
- Whisk eggs with 1 tablespoon water. In a separate bowl combine bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, vegetable oil, and garlic powder. Place flour in a 3rd bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Dip each mozzarella stick into the eggs and then into the flour mixture. Dip back into the eggs and finally into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 months).
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Generously spray mozzarella sticks with oil or cooking spray. Place in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve immediately.
No Air Fryer? No Problem! These can be baked in a preheated oven at 400°F for 9-11 minutes.
These are frozen before cooking to allow the crumbs to crisp up without the cheese melting out.
Be sure to preheat the air fryer and keep in mind that air fryers can vary. Check them early at about 4 minutes. Once you see cheese starting to bubble, they’re ready.
Purchased frozen mozzarella sticks will cook for about 5-7 minutes at 390°F.
Calories: 348 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 727mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 156IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
courseAppetizer, Party Food, Snack