servings: 16CHIPSprep time: 10 MINUTEScook time: 8 MINUTEStotal time: 18 MINUTEScourse: APPETIZER, SIDE DISH, SNACKcuisine: AMERICANThese pizza chips are an easy recipe with just 2 ingredients. They are tasty and fun and you don’t need to be a on a keto diet to enjoy them!
- https://5cada0767d364df5122b58deecc71cf9.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html2/3 cup (80 g) low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices (21 g) mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of a mini muffin pan. This recipe yields 16 chips so you only need to grease 16 cups.
- Add 2 tsp of mozzarella to each greased cup. Lightly pat down the mozzarella into the cups. Place 3 slices of mini pepperoni on each chip. If desired, sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of each chip. This is optional but does add more flavor.
- Bake chips for about 8 minutes or until edges are a dark golden brown. Let chips cool in muffin pan until they are cool enough to touch. Remove chips from pan. I like to place the chips on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil from the cheese and pepperoni. Serve pepperoni chips while warm. They can be eaten plain or served with marinara sauce.
- https://5cada0767d364df5122b58deecc71cf9.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlMozzarella cheese can be replaced with other cheeses. See post for more details. If you are using mozzarella, make sure to use a low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese. I used Kirkland’s low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese.
- If you make these chips with mozzarella, the texture will not be crunchy. See “Pizza Chips Texture” section of the post for more details. To make a crispy version, substitute with shredded Parmesan cheese and turn the oven up to 400F. Cook until chips are light brown (about 7-8 minutes). You may also want to bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper rather than in a mini muffin pan. They can be baked in a muffin pan but because the chips turn hard and crunchy, they also are very hard to remove from the muffin pan.
- You can use regular pepperoni instead of mini, just use one per chip instead of 3.
- I served these with Rao’s marinara sauce which has no sugar added.
serving: 1chip, calories: 22kcal, carbohydrates: 1g, protein: 2g, fat: 2g, saturated fat: 1g, sodium: 55mg, net carbs: 1g