1-Ingredient Red Lentil Tofu
A simple and cost-effective alternative to tofu, this Red Lentil Tofu is perfect for those with a soy allergy or looking to incorporate more lentils into their diet.
- ▢¾ cup split red lentils
- ▢2 ¼ cup water
- Rinse the lentils well, then soak them for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. After soaking, drain the water and rinse the lentils again.
- Add the soaked lentils to a blender with 2 cups of fresh water. Blend until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a pot and place it on medium heat. Bring the mixture to a soft boil. Once boiling, stir constantly until a thick and smooth paste is formed.
- Transfer the thick paste to a glass container and let it set in the fridge overnight.
- Cook the lentil tofu the same way you’d use regular tofu. You can marinate it, air fry it, sauté it, etc. Enjoy your homemade Red Lentil Tofu!