WW RECIPES & PLAN Everything Bagel Pigs In A Blanket
Mini Bagel Dogs, or pigs in a blanket, make a great game day appetizer or kid-friendly after- school snack!
PREP TIME:20minutes mins
COOK TIME:25minutes mins
COOLING TIME:10minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:55minutes mins
YIELD: 8 servings
COURSE: Appetizer, Snack
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix, (plus more for dusting (5 ounces))
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (I recommend Stonyfield or Fage 0%)
- 1 egg white (beaten (whole egg works fine too))
- 8 turkey hot dogs (such as Applegate Naturals, halved crosswise)
- 2 teaspoons Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is smooth and tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide dough into 16 equal balls.
- Dust your work surface and a rolling pin with more flour.
- Press a ball flat then roll into a 4 ½-inch oval.
- Wrap the dough around a hot dog half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and dough.
- Brush each with the egg wash and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Serving: 2mini bagel dogs), Calories: 160kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 755mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g