yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 55 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Large Ukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Small Chopped Onion
- 1 Small Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Ounces Low Fat Cheddar
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Evaporated Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 8 Low Fat Baked Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- First we need to preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray our baking pan with cooking spray. A 9-inch square baking pan will work best!
- Next we need to prep the potatoes. Peel them and slice them thinly. Then layer them into the sprayed baking pan and bake until the potatoes are just getting crisp, about 10 minutes should do the trick. Take the baking. pan out of the oven and set it aside to be layered with other ingredients.
- When the potatoes are in the oven prepare your skillet with cooking spray and put it over medium high heat. Saute the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms until tender. About 7 minutes should do the trick. Remove them from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Next add the turkey to the skillet and brown it, about 8-10 minutes should be enough. Add back in the cooked vegetables, cumin, salt and pepper, and combine. Then layer the mixture over the potatoes in our baking pan.
- Finally, get a microwave safe bow and combine the cheese, evaporated milk and crushed red pepper flakes. Cover and microwave on high until the cheese is melted. About 2 minutes should be plenty. Stir and then spoon over the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with tortilla strips and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces. 1 Square is a serving!
Yield6Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories413Total Fat6gSaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat4gCholesterol59mgSodium435mgCarbohydrates56gFiber5gSugar4gProtein35g