3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast (active dry works best)
1 and 1/2 cups warm water
Dutch oven or large oven safe dish with a lid
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in the water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy dough. Do not overwork the dough. Not overworking the dough will allow the bread to have more soft, fluffy air pockets.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise. (I let mine rise for about 12 hours overnight, covered in the microwave.)
- After dough is ready, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn out your dough onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest until your Dutch oven is done preheating.
- After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven and place the bread dough into it. (You can put a piece of parchment under the dough if your Dutch oven isn’t enamel coated.)
- Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid and bake for an additional 7-12 minutes. Remove bread to a cutting board and slice with a bread knife. Slather with butter and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: My loaf was about 600 grams. I cut into 10 slices at approximately 60 grams each for 3 WW Smart Points on all 3 plans- Green, Blue and Purple.
Approximate SmartPoints Calculation:
The recipe yields 10 slices, and each slice is approximately 60 grams.
Based on standard ingredients (no added fat or sugar):
Calories: About 150 calories per slice
Protein: About 4-5 grams per slice
Dietary Fiber: About 1-2 grams per slice
Total Fat: Minimal (negligible)
Carbohydrates: Approximately 30 grams per slice
Using these approximate values and the standard Weight Watchers formula, you can calculate the Smart Points. On all three plans (Green, Blue, and Purple), a slice of this bread would likely have around 3 Smart Points.