W/W CHICKEN FAJITA CASSEROLE:
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 green bell pepper, sliced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 cups cooked brown rice (6 points)
– 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese (8 points)
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, cook the chicken over medium heat until browned on both sides.
3. Add the sliced bell peppers and onion to the skillet with the chicken. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
5. In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread the cooked rice evenly over the bottom.
6. Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture over the rice.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
8. Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Points per serving: 4 (serves 6)
Saturated Fat: 3g