Vegan Hasselback Potatoes
These delicious vegan Hasselback potatoes are a fun fancy spin on the classic baked potato. They are beautifully sliced to make a picture-perfect side to a main dish, and delightfully flavored with spices you likely already have in your pantry. Enjoy!
Keywordhasselback potatoes, vegan hasselback potato recipe
Prep Time10minutes minutes
Cook Time1hour hour 20minutes minutes
Total Time1hour hour 30minutes minutes
- 14 medium potatoes any variety will work, try selecting egg-sized potatoes
- 3.5 tablespoons canola oil or your favorite vegetable oil
- 1.75 teaspoon salt
- 0.88 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.88 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.88 teaspoon onion powder
- 1.75 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 7 tablespoons vegan butter plus more, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place one potato between two stirrers (as shown in the photo), so when you cut them you don’t cut all the way through them (the stirrers will stop your knife just before separating them entirely). Cut as many evenly spaced slices as you can in each potato.
- In a small bowl, mix the canola oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano until combined.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and using a brush, season the potatoes evenly with the oil-and-spice mixture. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through to perfection.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and vegan butter and enjoy hot.
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 2g | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 1835mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg