Vegan Butter Swim Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based buttermilk (you can make this by mixing 2 cups of plant-based milk with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar and letting it sit for a few minutes)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (plant-based margarine or vegan butter substitute)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the plant-based buttermilk to the dry ingredients and mix until a moist dough forms.
- Melt the vegan butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour the melted vegan butter into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Ensure the pan is not too small or shallow to prevent the butter from overflowing while baking.
- Place the biscuit dough directly on top of the melted vegan butter and use a spatula to evenly spread it across the pan, ensuring it touches the sides.
- Cut the unbaked dough into 9 roughly equal squares (the dough will be submerged in butter at this point).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown on top.
- Enjoy these vegan Butter Swim Biscuits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They pair perfectly with your favorite plant-based jam or jelly.