Vegan Butter Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 7 tbsp. vegan butter (look for a plant-based option)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Pecan halves for the top of each cookie
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the vegan butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the flax eggs and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and beat again for another 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to the mixture. Mix until everything is well blended.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Place half a pecan on top of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.