Bright and flavorful keto lemon zucchini bread you’d never guess is low-carb!
Miss homemade zucchini bread? Not anymore!
I’ve got a wonderful keto lemon zucchini bread recipe you’re gonna wanna try ASAP!
In this recipe, we’re swapping out the flour for grain-free almond flour, and sugar for keto-friendly sweeteners including Swerve granular and Swerve confectioners. They are the closest thing to real sugar I have tasted and work great in this recipe to give you a flavorful keto bread!
Lemon zucchini perfection!
Both the bright flavor of lemon and the added texture and moisture of zucchini are delicious and make a yummy combo! This is a yummy cake-like treat that the entire family will love, and won’t even guess it’s keto-friendly unless you tell them (our lips are sealed)!
I love that the process is very simple, made by mixing up dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, and then combining them with the lemon zest and zucchini.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making keto lemon zucchini bread:
- Grate the zucchini and then press it against the strainer to get some of the water out.
- Put grated zucchini in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth, squeeze gently over a sink to release the extra moisture, and pat dry. This is an important step that can’t be missed.
- Keto bread can sometimes stick badly in pans, so I first covered my loaf pan with parchment paper. It worked perfectly, and I definitely recommend it!
- When baking, cover the loaf with foil about 45 minutes in to prevent the top from burning. Monitor this and add more time if necessary.
- Be sure to let cool slightly before pouring the glaze over the top.
KETO LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Bright and flavorful zucchini bread you’d never guess is keto!
For the bread:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and drained (before measuring)
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Dont forgot to try our Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks (4 Ingredients)
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. This is an important step so that the bread doesn’t stick.
2.Spoon and level out your almond flour to ensure the correct amount. Mix the almond flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
3.In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the Swerve into the coconut oil before adding the other ingredients. Once whisked, add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.
4.Fold in the dry ingredients with the wet, then fold in the drained zucchini (make sure you’ve squeezed out the extra moisture) into the batter.
5.Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes but check at the hour mark so it doesn’t over cook. If it’s browning too much toward the end of bake time, cover with foil. (I’d recommend covering at about 45 minutes). A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean when cooked through. Place on a wire rack to cool.
6.Whisk together Swerve confectioners and lemon juice. After the loaf has cooled slightly, drizzle loaf with glaze. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 slices, Serving Size: 1/2 inch slice
Amount Per Serving: 226 Calories | 23.2g Fat | 18.9g Total Carbs | 1.3g Fiber | 0.7g Sugar | 16.1g Sugar Alcohol | 2.6g Protein | 1.4g Net Carbs
Leave a Reply