Warm and crunchy Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are sure to satisfy your dessert cravings and can be ready in just 15 minutes!
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
Keyword: strawberry cheesecake chimichangas
Servings: 6 chimichangas
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries huller and thin sliced
- 6 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the strawberries until evenly distributed in the cheesecake mixture.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the 6 tortillas. Spread the cheesecake down the center of the tortilla, but not quite to the edges. Then fold the sides of the tortilla in and roll it up like a burrito.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chimichangas in the pan (starting seam side down) and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the tortillas cook, mix together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- As soon as the chimis finish frying, immediately place them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll until coated.
- Serve warm. If you want, you can even sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- The filling for this is creamy and not too sweet since the chimis get rolled in cinnamon sugar too.
- You can swap plain Greek yogurt for sour cream, or even strawberry or vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt.
- Don’t overfill the tortillas with the cheesecake mixture. You don’t want it to escape through the sides.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 694IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg