- 1 pound pork sausage cooked and drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter salted or unsalted, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced, green part only
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking pan.
- Cook and drain sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter and, using a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture has pea-sized crumbs. Stir in the sausage and cheese (and green onions if you’re adding them.)
- Add the buttermilk and combine. I find it easiest to use a fork to gently stir the mixture until all of the dry ingredients are moistened. Then, use your hands to knead the mixture a few times in the bowl to bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a parchment-lined counter and pat into an 8×10-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 12 squares.
- Transfer the biscuits to the baking pan, leaving 1-inches between each biscuit. Brush the tops of each biscuit with the melted butter.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.Thank you
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 703mg | Potassium: 273mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 2.1mg