A low carb version of the delicious Sandwich!
Minutes to Prepare: 10Minutes to Cook: 40Number of Servings: 4
- 8 oz Baby Bella Sliced Mushrooms (1 package)
- 2 serving 1 Med. Green Bell Pepper – sliced thin
- .75 medium (2-1/2″ dia) Onions, raw – sliced thin
- 12 oz Thin Sliced Beef Steak (This a package of sliced steak name is exactly this found in the meat department.)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper, black
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 9 serving Kroger Brand – Provolone Cheese (1 slice)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
I actually made it all the night before, let it cool. topped with cheese and covered with foil. Reheated the next day for about 30 min in a 375 oven.
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Saute Thin sliced onions in 1 tbsp heated coconut oil.
3. Once they are translucent and cooked down, add the sliced bell peppers. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and a shake of Italian Seasoning. Cook, stirring often for about 10 min or until all is cooked down and peppers/onions are well cooked.
5. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
6. add 1 tbsp coconut oil to pan. heat
7. Cut the thin sliced beef steak into thin strips. Add to hot oil. season with salt, pepper and a shake of Italian seasoning. Cook until no longer pink and cooked through, about 10 min stirring regularly.
8. add vegetable mixture to meat and stir to reheat.
9. Spray a small casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the meat & pepper mixture into pan.
10. Top with sliced Provolone Cheese.
11. Bake for about 15 min or until Cheese is melted into the mixture.
12. Serves four, evenly divided.
Serving Size: divide evenly between 4
Number of Servings: 4