Skip the potatoes and load your broccoli with the good stuff instead!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME15 minutes
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fried and crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the broccoli to a steamer basket set over boiling water and cover.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until broccoli is as tender as you’d like.
- Divide the broccoli between four plates and top with the cheddar, sour cream, bacon, and chives.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The nutrition information is based on exactly these amounts, but obviously will vary depending on how much you add.
This is also a favorite for us to order at restaurants. If they have baked potatoes on the menu, just ask them to load the broccoli like they would a potato.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 221Total Fat: 17gSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gProtein: 11g