- 4 (8 ounce) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 green onions, white and green parts separated and sliced
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Season chicken thighs on all sides with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over medium-high heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain and discard excess grease from skillet.
- Step 4Return skillet to medium heat and cook chicken thighs, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and place skillet in the preheated oven.
- Step 5Bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Step 6Return skillet to the stove over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken broth while whisking up brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in heavy whipping cream and whisk together until lightly simmering, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Step 7Return chicken and any juices back into skillet; top with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately, spooning sauce over the chicken.
Per Serving: 466 calories; protein 40.5g; carbohydrates 2.4g; fat 32g; cholesterol 158.9mg; sodium 373mg.
Protein: 40.5g81 %Carbohydrates: 2.4g1 %Dietary Fiber: 0.7g3 %Sugars: 0.8gFat: 32g49 %Saturated Fat: 11g55 %Cholesterol: 158.9mg53 %Vitamin A Iu: 828.1IU17 %Niacin Equivalents: 17mg131 %Vitamin B6: 0.4mg22 %Vitamin C: 2.5mg4 %Folate: 19.8mcg5 %