Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- ▢1 lb shrimp
- ▢1 tbsp coconut oil
- ▢1 cup coconut milk
- ▢½ tsp ginger
- ▢1 tsp curry powder
- ▢½ onion
- ▢1 clove garlic
- ▢½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ▢¼ tsp ground cumin
- ▢½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ▢1 tsp black pepper
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢parsley or cilantro to garnish
- Rub the shrimps with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Fry onions, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add cumin, curry, cinnamon and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp with the marinade.
- Let it cook till shrimp is done (approximately 10 mins).
- If it gets too thick and the shrimp is not yet done, add about ¼ cup of water.
- Taste for salt and add more if desired.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve over cauliflower rice.
This recipe contains 4 servings and 2 net carbs per serving.
- If the shrimp is not yet cooked and the sauce is getting too thick, add about ¼ cup of water. Add just a little bit at a time.
- If your curry ends up a bit watery, mix 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of water, and pour it into the curry to thicken it. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg