Creamy, ultra cheesy, and super indulgent Keto Mac and Cheese prepared with cauliflower, bacon, and cheddar cheese!
Servings : 4 serves
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- ▢1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ▢pinch of salt
- ▢3/4 cup whole milk, (you can also use heavy whipping cream)
- ▢3 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ▢1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- ▢1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ▢salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ▢2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ▢1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ▢4 slices bacon, diced and cooked to a desired crispiness
- ▢fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
FOR THE TOPPING (optional)
- ▢1/4 cup pork rinds panko crumbs
- ▢1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ▢1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot or large saucepan with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower florets to boiling water and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, or until tender crisp. Drain cauliflower in colander and set aside.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish; set aside.
- Pour milk in the same pot that you used for the cauliflower, and set over medium heat. Add the cream cheese to the milk and whisk until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in dried parsley, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese; gently whisk until cheeses have completely melted.
- Add the cauliflower florets back into the pot, and using a large spoon, gently stir around until everything is covered in cheese sauce.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to previously prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine pork rinds crumbs, parmesan, and melted butter; mix and stir until well combined. Sprinkle pork rinds mixture in an even layer over the cauliflower.
- Bake, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- In the meantime, dice the bacon and fry to a desired crispness. Garnish with prepared bacon and fresh parsley. Serve.
NET CARBS: 10g
- FREESTYLE POINTS: 17
- Use fat free shredded cheeses, fat free cream cheese, regular panko crumbs, turkey bacon, and fat free milk to reduce points down to 6
Calories: 605 kcal | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Protein: 32 g | Fat: 48 g | Saturated Fat: 27 g | Cholesterol: 139 mg | Sodium: 961 mg | Potassium: 649 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 6 g | Vitamin A: 1331 IU | Vitamin C: 69 mg | Calcium: 722 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Net Carbs: 10 g