Following a low carb diet now for the last 5 years has led me to the deepest desire to make a real slice of bread for sandwiches. The biggest struggle with making a keto bread is that in my home, my youngest has a tree nut allergy and almond flour isn’t something I can use. Learning to work with coconut flour has been challenging to say the least, but with the right amount of liquid, masterpieces can happen and this low carb bread is one of them!
The biggest difference with this bread and my Cloud Bread recipe is that it has substance. While the cloud bread is low carb and great for making Cloud Bread French Toast, I felt it wasn’t quite right for typical sandwiches I was hoping for, it’s very airy and light. So the experimenting with coconut flour has continued for quite a few years.
Prep Time 15 minutesCook Time 40 minutesTotal Time 50 minutesServings14 @1 sliceCalories 122 kcalAuthor Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom
- 6 eggs or 1- 1/4 cup total
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup water or heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp Swerve sweetener or choice
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer place the eggs, oil, cream or milk and blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixer and blend until incorporated.
- Sprinkle optional toasted sesame seeds on top of loaf if desired.
- Line a 1.5 Quart (8 by 4) loaf pan, with parchment paper and pour batter in pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Net Carbs per slice: 1 gramNutrition FactsKeto Low Carb Coconut Flour BreadAmount Per Serving (1 slice)Calories 122Calories from Fat 81% Daily Value*Fat 9g14%Saturated Fat 2g13%Cholesterol 70mg23%Sodium 127mg6%Potassium 159mg5%Carbohydrates 4g1%Fiber 3g13%Protein 4g8%Vitamin A 100IU2%Calcium 63mg6%Iron 0.9mg5%