prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 50 MINUTES
This Japanese cheesecake could not get any fluffier. It tastes amazing and has zero sugar and no gluten.
- 1 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- raspberries (optional and not included in macros)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a double boiler, melt the cream cheese and mix thoroughly with the cream and tbsp of powdered sweetener.
- Take it off the heat and wait about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the egg yolks. Whisk until the yolks are combined into the liquid.
- Stir in your vanilla.
- Sift your coconut flour and baking powder into the cream cheese mix. Whisk until it has thickened, then set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat your egg whites and vinegar until the whites are bubbly. Slowly add in your 1/4 cup of powdered sugar while you beat the whites to STIFF peaks.
- Slowly fold small portions of the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Once it’s all mixed in, place into a cake dish that is either lined with parchment paper or greased.
- Place that cake dish into another larger cake dish and fill that with HOT water. Make sure you do not get any water into the cake batter.
- Place in the oven and then immediately turn the heat down to 320°F / 160°C. Bake for 40 minutes. (If you notice the top is browning quickly, place a piece of foil over the top of the cake pan.)
- After 40 minutes, turn the oven down to 300 and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit in the cool oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 4 hours before serving. Top with more powdered sweetener and some fruit!
If you are using a spring form pan, wrap the outside in foil so that water does not seep into the cake.
It is normal for the cake to deflate as it cools.
2 net carbs per slice.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 163TOTAL FAT: 14.6gCARBOHYDRATES: 3gFIBER: 1gPROTEIN: 3.6g