- Author: Kyndra Holley
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 hot pockets 1x
For the dough:
- 3 cups of shredded low moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the filling:
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 8 ounces sliced ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball between two sheets of parchment paper until 1/4 inch thin.
- Place one slice of gouda in the center of each round, leaving space around the edges. Sprinkle each pocket with chives.
- Add 1 ounce of ham to each pocket and top with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash before folding over and pressing to seal. Repeat this process with all 8 ham and cheese pockets.
- Place the ham and cheese pockets on the prepared baking sheet and brush egg wash over top of each one. Sprinkle sesame seeds on each hot pocket, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
net carbs per serving: 8g
- Serving Size: 1 hot pocket
- Calories: 581
- Fat: 45.2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 36.2g