PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 10 minutes
TOTAL: 15 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1 large head Cauliflower (6 cups florets, cut off most of the stems)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter (cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese (cut into chunks)
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- Chives (optional, for garnish)
OPTION 1 – MICROWAVE METHOD:
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large bowl with 1/2 cup (118 mL) water. Cover the top with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 10 to 15 minutes, until very soft and mushy. Drain and pat dry.
OPTION 2 – STEAM METHOD:
- Fill a large saucepan or pot with enough salted water to come right below a steamer basket fitted over it. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket and fit on top of the pan. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Reduce water to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, until cauliflower is very soft and mushy.
MAKE THE MASHED CAULIFLOWER:
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Place the cooked cauliflower, sauteed garlic, butter, cream cheese, and salt into a food processor. Puree for 1-2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with chives if desired. You can also drizzle some melted butter on top if you’d like
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.