6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cup heavy cream
6 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
5 strips bacon chopped
Ranch Seasoning Mix
2.5 teaspoon garlic powder
2.5 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional (see below)
Hidden Valley Ranch Measurements (sub for ranch seasoning mix)
1-1.5 tablespoon ranch seasoning (sub with if you don’t have ingredients above)\
- Note: Make ranch seasoning mix first with xanthan gum and put it to the side. You want this together, mixed and ready when it’s time to add for speed. Also, cook and chop bacon ahead of time as well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add a little oil to a medium/high heated skillet and sear the chicken. Chicken skin just needs color. It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way through.
- After chicken is browned on both sides remove the chicken from the pan. Remove most of excess oil with the exception of a tablespoon. Reduce heat to low/medium
- Add in heavy cream and cream cheese. Do not allow it to boil but a simmer is fine. Allow cream cheese to melt down. Then toss in ranch seasoning mix and mix quickly.
- Note: the hidden valley measurements are only for a substitution if you don’t have all the ingredients for the homemade mix. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken thighs back into the cream sauce. Cover with shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If cheese starts to get too dark cover with aluminum foil.
Leave a Reply