- 2 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 3 large eggs , at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in the bowl with the cream cheese, and the egg whites in a different bowl with the cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat the cream cheese with the yolks until combined and perfectly smooth.
- Wipe off the beaters thoroughly and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Very gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, until completely combined, but still fluffy (do not stir or mix or the eggs will deflate.)
- Divide the mixture into 8 mounds (about 1/3 cup each) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 4-inches apart.
- Bake until golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Cloud bread is pretty tasteless. Here are a few of my favorite ways to give it more flavor:Pizza Cloud Bread – stir 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan, and 2 teaspoons tomato paste into the egg yolk mixture.Everything Cloud Bread – stir 1 tablespoon Everything bagel seasoning into the egg yolk mixtureRanch Cloud Bread – stir 1 1/2 teaspoons ranch seasoning mix into the egg yolk mixture.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 51mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mgNutritional information given is an automatic calculation and can vary based on the exact products you use and any changes you make to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.