- 2 cups cooked chicken , chopped or shredded
- ▢1 can refried beans
- ▢1/2 cup salsa , your favorite kind
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin
- ▢1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves , crushed
- ▢1 teaspoon chili powder
- ▢1 cup shredded cheese , cheddar or Mexican blend
- ▢2 green onions , chopped
- ▢3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- ▢6 large flour tortillas
- ▢Salsa, sour cream and guacamole , optional
- Cook chicken breasts in frying pan until tender and no longer pink. Allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping.
- Add refried beans, chicken, cheese, salsa, spices, and green onions to a mix bowl and mix to combine.
- Place about ½ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling and roll up like a burrito.
- For baked chimichangas, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush chimichangas lightly with oil and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- For pan fried chimichangas, heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil to skillet and place chimichangas seam side down. Turn lightly every 2-30 seconds until lightly golden on all sides.
- Serve warm, topped with salsa and sour cream and a side of Authentic Mexican Rice .
Calories: 263kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 17gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 557mgPotassium: 197mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 440IUVitamin C: 1.2mgCalcium: 129mgIron: 1.6mg
Leave a Reply