Prep Time: 15 minsCook Time: 40 minsTotal Time: 55 mins
- 1 head Cauliflower about 1 lb cauliflower florets, 6 cups.
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese divided
- 1 cup Grated Gruyere or Emmental
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS FOR A KETO CASSEROLE
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Bacon Bites
- Trim the cauliflower stems, remove the leaves, then break into small bite-size florets about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Place the florets into a steamer basket and steam for 8 minutes until fork tender.
- Cool down on a colander for few minutes until completely steamed out, then transfer to a large baking dish and spread into an even single layer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mac and cheese sauce.
- In a large saucepan – large enough to fit the cauliflower florets – add the butter and almond milk and bring to a light boil, then whisk in cubes of softened cream cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- When the mixture is smooth, stir in shredded cheddar and shredded gruyere.
- Stir over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes or until the cheese just has melted and a creamy sauce forms. If too thick or stringy, add more almond milk at room temperature until it reaches your liking.
- Stir the cooked cauliflower florets into the sauce and keep cooking for 1-3 minutes until hot.
- For a casserole, transfer into a 9×13-inch baking dish, sprinkle extra shredded cheese on top, and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes or until cheese is broiled on top.
- Serve immediately with fresh herb or plain.
AMOUNT PER SERVING (1 SERVING (1 1/2 CUP))CALORIES 454.7 CALORIES FROM FAT 345| FAT: 38.3g | CHOLESTEROL: 107.6mg | SODIUM: 796.8mgPOTASSIUM: 425.2mg| CARBOHYDRATES: 7.4g| Fiber: 2.2g| Sugar: 2.8g | PROTEIN: 21.8g | CALCIUM: 563.1mg | IRON: 0.9mg | NET CARBS: 5.2g |
Leave a Reply