This Crustless Zucchini Quiche Recipe creates a quiche that practically melts in the mouth with a light, creamy texture and a nutritious filling!
Cuisine: North American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 servings
- ▢7 cups (2-2.5 lbs) shredded zucchini measured before squeezing
- ▢8 large eggs
- ▢1/2 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- ▢1/2 cup any hard cheese shredded
- ▢1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ▢1/2 cup chives or green onions finely chopped
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢Ground black pepper to taste
- ▢Cooking spray I use Misto
- Give shredded zucchini a good squeeze to extract as much water as possible. I do it by placing zucchini into a linen towel and wringing into a ball (save the liquid for soup or smoothies). Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray 9″ pie dish with cooking spray (I used tart pan lined with parchment). In a medium bowl, add eggs and whisk.
- Add flour and whisk well to combine (it will take a few minutes). Add both cheeses, salt and pepper, and whisk one more time.
- To the bowl with zucchini, add chives and mix with spatula. Then pour egg flour mixture on top and stir well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to previously prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Broil for a few minutes for a golden crust. Cool off a bit, cut into 8 slices and enjoy warm or cold (I love cold quiche!).
- Make ahead quiche mixture and refrigerate for up to 1 day. After bake as per recipe. If you need to make quiche ahead 2 days in advance, you can prep zucchini and store with chives. And grate cheeses and refrigerate separately. Helps a lot!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days covered.
- Reheat quiche? I love mine cold. It is so good! If you must, I recommend a microwave otherwise it will dry out in the oven.
- Air fryer: Line air fryer basket with unbleached parchment paper and spray well with cooking spray. Add mixture, level with spatula and bake in preheated air fryer to 320 F degrees for 30 minutes. Do toothpick test in the center for doneness.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 506mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g