CREAMY VEGAN WHITE BEAN SOUP
2 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup coconut cream
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until they are softened.
2. Add the white beans, vegetable broth, thyme, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in batches.
3. Stir in the coconut cream and continue cooking the soup for an additional 5-10 minutes, until it’s heated through and creamy.
4. Serve the soup hot, topped with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
5. Enjoy your delicious and creamy vegan white bean soup!