Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Veggies of your choice
- Heat a dash of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes until it begins to caramelize.
- Incorporate all the spices along with the minced garlic into the pan. Cook for an additional minute, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- To prevent sticking, add a splash of water to the pan. Introduce the drained chickpeas, coconut milk, and chopped tomatoes into the mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Add just enough boiling water to cover the chickpeas. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the Coconut Chickpea Curry alongside rice and your choice of vegetables. Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious dish!
- Preparing the Ingredients: Gather all the required ingredients for the Coconut Chickpea Curry. Drain and rinse the chickpeas thoroughly. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic cloves.
- Sautéing the Onion: Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a dash of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onion to the pan. Sauté the onion gently until it turns golden brown and caramelized, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Adding Spices: Incorporate the turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry powder, and minced garlic into the pan with the caramelized onion. Stir continuously to ensure the spices are evenly distributed and cook for about a minute.
- Preventing Sticking: To prevent the spices from burning and sticking to the pan, add a splash of water. This also helps in creating a flavorful base for the curry.
- Combining Ingredients: Add the drained chickpeas, coconut milk, and chopped tomatoes to the pan. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Simmering the Curry: Adjust the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the Coconut Chickpea Curry to simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Serving Suggestions: Once the curry is ready, serve it hot alongside cooked rice and a selection of your favorite vegetables. This dish pairs well with steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach, or roasted cauliflower.
- Enjoying the Dish: Sit back, relax, and savor each bite of this delicious Coconut Chickpea Curry. The creamy coconut milk, aromatic spices, and tender chickpeas make it a satisfying and wholesome meal option.
Indulge in the rich flavors of Coconut Chickpea Curry, a comforting and nutritious dish that’s easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress with its vibrant colors and aromatic spices. So gather your ingredients, follow the step-by-step instructions, and treat yourself to a delightful culinary experience that’s both wholesome and delicious.
Coconut Chickpea Curry
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 can of coconut milk
1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
1 onion – finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves – minced
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of curry powder
Salt to taste
Serve with rice and veggies of your choice.
1. Add a dash of oil to a large pan and once hot add in the chopped onion. Fry the onion gently for 3-4 minutes until it starts to caramelised.
2. Add in all the spices + the garlic cloves. Cook for another minute and continue stirring to avoid burning.
3. Add a dash of water to prevent from sticking. Add in the drained chickpeas, coconut milk and tinned tomatoes.
4. Mix everything together, add bit of boiling water just to enough to cover the chickpeas. Put the lid on an cook on a low heat for 20-25 minutes. Serve with some rice and veggies. Enjoy.