yield: ABOUT 12 SLICES prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
A simple homemade classic low carb Carrot Cake that’s unbelievably moist, perfectly spiced, with an ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting!
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cups Lakanto monkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans or nut of choice, chopped
- 2 cups of Carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside two 6in cake pans or one 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add in all other dry ingredients: Sweetener, Almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend in melted butter, walnuts, and shredded carrots.
- Transfer the batter evenly among the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 30-35 mins. Allow cake to cool before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Blend all ingredients together. Cream cheese, powdered sweetener, butter, whipping cream, and vanilla extract. (Best results in blender or food processor)
YIELD: About 12 slices SERVING SIZE: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 445.4 TOTAL FAT: 44.33g CARBOHYDRATES: Net Carbs: 4.2g FIBER: 3.3g PROTEIN: 8.1g