These cheesesteak sandwiches are hearty, comforting, and easy to make at home. Made with ribeye steak, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and melty cheese on a lightly toasted hoagie roll.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
Servings: 2 large sandwiches
- 2 eight inch hoagie rolls sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 16 ounces boneless ribeye steak thin sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white american cheese
- Optionally, butter insides of hoagie rolls with 1 tablespoon of butter and toast. Set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Once melted and bubbling, add bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are lightly browned and onions turn translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season sliced ribeye with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan. Once melted and bubbling, add ribeye to skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add worchestershire sauce to skillet and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low. Return veggies to pan and stir to combine. Split your steak mixture in half on either side of the pan. Lay two pieces of cheese onto each half and allow to melt, about 1 minute.
- Spoon cheesesteak mixture into your hoagie rolls. Serve immediately
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan
- Zwilling Pro Chef’s Knife
- Red Spoonula Set
- Boos Maple Cutting Board
- This recipes makes two large, hearty sandwiches. Filling can be divided between three hoagie rolls to make smaller sandwiches.
- White American cheese can be substituted with cheese whiz or smoked provolone cheese.
- Onions are the only traditional cheesesteak topping – bell pepper and mushrooms are optional, but recommended for flavor.
- Amoroso rolls are traditional for making cheesesteaks, but any bakery style hoagie rolls will work.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 210mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 891IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 468mg | Iron: 5mg
Course: Main Course