A fresh twist on an old classic, this Mediterranean mac and cheese with feta is light, insanely delicious, and easy to make.
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- ▢½ pound elbow macaroni
- ▢3 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢8 oz. feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- ▢1 egg lightly beaten
- ▢8 oz. sour cream
- ▢Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
US Customary – Metric
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8-9 minutes. Drain.
- Spoon the macaroni into a 2-qt. baking dish. Add oil and feta and stir to combine.
- Mix together the egg and sour cream; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture over macaroni. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
~ Free Tip ~
- Sub the oil with butter.
- Use any type of small pasta.
- It works well with whole wheat and gluten-free pasta.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 1mg