HEARTY TUSCAN WHITE BEAN SOUP
PREP TIME 15MINUTES MINS
COOK TIME 15MINUTES MINS
TOTAL TIME 30MINUTES MINS
SERVES 6 SERVINGS
My Hearty Tuscan White Bean Soup is the only soup you need in your life, this Winter! It’s full of delicious herbs and hearty white beans, to not only keep you full, but also satisfied! Plus, it’s gluten-free and vegan, too. Prep this soup ahead of time or make it quickly when the craving strikes – destiny is in your hands!
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Medium Shallots chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic mashed
- 2 Carrots chopped into coins
- 2 Celery Stalks diced
- 3 15 Ounce Cans Cannelli Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 5-6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot, on the stove, over medium-low heat.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and shallots in the olive oil for, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then, adding the carrots and celery and sauté for another 7-10 minutes. This is really important to ensure that the flavors build.
- Rinse and drain your cannellini beans, and add them to the pot along with the bay leaves, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring your mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover to pull out and discard the bay leaves.
- Next, transfer two cups of the soup to a high-speed blender and blend so it gets creamy.
- Return your soup to the pot and stir generously.
- Add in the spinach and stir until it’s wilted.
- Garnish your soup with some fresh herbs and a slice of crusty bread; serve, and enjoy!