These Keto pumpkin donuts have everything you’d expect from a traditional cake recipe: a tender and moist crumb from the egg white, butter, and pumpkin puree trifecta. The warm cinnamon finish encases each ring in a cozy hug and the granulated texture of the Swerve adds a slightly crunchy contrast to the yielding interior. These relatively Easy keto donuts are the perfect fall day recipe to get you feeling cozy.
Our Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray secures the topping to the donut, but some will inevitably come off on your fingers. Licking the sweet, cinnamon goodness off your fingers is one of the lingering pleasures these baked keto donuts provide. Serve with coffee (black coffee provides just the right acidic counterpart to the sweet) and no napkins.
A Note About This Keto Donut Recipe
If you’re very strict keto, the carb count of these keto cinnamon donuts may be a bit high for you—at 11.7 net grams—but these can be fit into a flexible plan for those occasional moments when you want to splurge.
How to Make Keto Donuts
Time: 30 minutes
For the donuts…
- 2 ½ cups finely ground almond flour (280 g)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder (1.25 ml)
- ½ tsp. baking soda (2.5 ml)
- ¼ tsp. salt (1.25 ml)
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature (60 g)
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 2 tbsp. monk fruit
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. allspice
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
For the coating…
- ¼ cup Swerve
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Silicone donut pan or a non-stick donut pan
- Heat oven to 375°F/190ºC
- Lightly butter/grease the donut pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, butter, pumpkin, vanilla extract, spices, and monk fruit until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients and the egg yolk mixture together.
- Spoon the thick batter into the donut pan, using ¼ to 1/3 cup of batter for each donut.
- Bake until the donuts are lightly browned on top until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean, or for about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing them from the oven.
- Continue cooling the donuts on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Swerve and cinnamon. Spray each donut with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray coating completely.
- Roll each donut in the sweetened spice mixture.
- Store in an airtight, covered container for a week.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 17.8 grams
Net Carbs: 11.7 grams
Fat: 33 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.