I make a ton of frittatas, whether they’re in muffin version, in the cast iron, or just in a casserole – they’re fantastic. But I do miss that crusty crumbly pastry on the outside. So, I set out to re-create a quiche!
Frittatas save extremely well for me in the fridge, lasting all week and sometimes longer, and it’s the same with this! Can you say breakfast every day for the rest of the week?
The only thing that I had a problem with, was the first slice. I had to ruin the crust on it to dig it out of the casserole tray in order to use a spatula on the other pieces. Don’t worry though, I still ate it.
Feel free to make this your own – add spinach, sausage, ham, salami, onions, or whatever other filling that might catch your fancy. If you plan to do this often, try to mix it up and creating new flavor combinations so you don’t get bored of having the same thing every day. You can also make a remoulade or a aioli to give extra or different flavors.
The Custom Keto Diet is allows someone to create their very own keto diet plan based on their food preferences, daily activity levels, height,weight and target weight goals
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup olive oil (+1 tsp. if needed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut 6 slices of bacon into chunks and put them in the pan to cook.
3. While the bacon is cooking, add 1 1/2 Cup Honeyville Almond Flour, 1 tsp. Dried Oregano, and 1/4 tsp. Salt to a mixing bowl.
4. Add 1/4 Cup Olive Oil to the dough and mix it in.
5. Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball. If you need to, add 1 tsp. more olive oil to get the consistency right.
6. Spread the dough out into an 11×7 casserole dish, trying to get it as even as possible.
7. Bake the crust for 20 minutes. You don’t want to have it fully cooked – just enough for it to stick together. It will continue cooking after you add the egg filling.
8. Remove your bacon from the pan and set on paper towels to cool.
9. Dice 1 Green Bell Pepper and measure out 1 tsp. Garlic.
10. Add the bell pepper and garlic to the bacon fat to cook.
11. In a measuring jug, crack 6 eggs and scramble.
12. Add the 1 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Bacon Fat, 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend, 1/2 tsp. Pepper, and 1/4 tsp. Salt.
13. Mix all the ingredients together until fully mixed.
14. Add your bacon to the mixture and continue mixing until well distributed.
15. Pour the bacon and egg mixture into the crust and spread out as needed.
16. Bake the quiche for 15-18 minutes at the same temperature (350F) until the center is firm. You can optionally broil to top for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
17. Let quiche cool and cut into slices. The first piece if normally the piece I have to “ruin” where the crust gets messed up. Use a silicon spatula to remove the rest of the pieces.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Per slice of quiche, you are looking at: 356.5 Calories, 30.54g Fats, 3.91g Net Carbs, and 16.41g Protein.
|Almond Crusted Keto Quiche||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ½ cups almond flour||959||84||36||18||18||36|
|¼ cup olive oil (+1 tsp. if needed)||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano||5||0.08||1.24||0.8||0.44||0.16|
|6 large eggs||429||28.53||2.16||0||2.16||37.68|
|1 ½ cups cheddar cheese||685||56.46||5.24||0||5.24||38.76|
|1 medium green bell pepper||24||0.2||5.52||2||3.52||1.02|
|6 slices bacon||266||21.03||0.66||0||0.66||17.36|
|1 teaspoon garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|