2 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz full cream cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated cheese
3 tsp minced garlic give or take
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 and grease a cast iron skillet generously.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes. Stir to combine until fully combined.
3. Mix together eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the cheese mixture and mix well until fully combined.
5. Mix together Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on a shallow plate.
6. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and roll the dough balls in the Parmesan cheese until covered on all sides.
7. Arrange the dough balls in the cast iron skillet into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown -towards the end you can loosely cover with tin foil to keep it from browning too much but I didn’t.
8. You can melt butter and minced garlic in a microwave bowl and then brush over each roll.
They tasted amazing and could have had a better presentation. But the dogs were under my feet and I needed to quickly get them in the oven.
Serving size : 1 roll calories:270 Fat:22
Carbs: 9 Fiber:4 Protein: 15